Companies must prepare for the structural transition in Australia’s economy to ensure our business remains globally competitive in a carbon-constrained economy. They must build internal expertise and investment frameworks, develop transition plans and where appropriate, integrate market-based mechanisms and carbon crediting strategies.
This class will examine high-integrity market-based approaches that address the increasing urgency and scale, align with decarbonisation and transition approaches, meet new integrity frameworks (both national and international), support informed approaches to co-benefit valuation and benefit sharing.
Practical knowledge outcomes for both supply and demand side actors include:
- Understand ‘next gen’ method development processes in Australia (proponent-led, integrated methods) and internationally (Core Carbon Principles, Article 6 methods)
- Develop the knowledge base to assist evaluating and purchasing carbon credits in the evolving carbon market
- Gain knowledge on evolving ‘high integrity’ and due diligence assessments
- Learn about benefit sharing experiences and best practice
- Gain insights on emerging trends and future opportunities
Deep dive into the inner workings of the carbon crediting system both in Australia and internationally with market experts and practical case studies. In doing so, expand your foundational knowledge of the market, and improve your capacity to critically analyse claims, credits and market integrity.