CMI is the independent peak industry body at the centre of business and climate action:
– we speak for business leading the transition to a net-zero emission economy, sharing knowledge, building capacity and catalysing opportunities;
– we are the stewards of Australia’s carbon markets and related effective policies, supporting their continued evolution while working to ensure the integrity of the market, participants and outcomes; and
– we champion the UNFCCC Paris Agreement and TCFD’s framework of climate and net-zero emission goals and mechanisms for increasing ambition, international cooperation and investment.
Our 2050 vision: A prosperous, climate-resilient, net-zero emissions world.
At the centre of climate change policy & business in Australia
The Carbon Market Institute is dedicated to helping business seize opportunities in rapidly evolving carbon markets. Independent and non-partisan, we’re the peak industry body for climate change and business.
We believe that market based solutions are the most efficient policy mechanism to address the challenge of climate change. We share knowledge and facilitate connections between business, policy makers and thought leaders to drive the evolution of carbon markets towards a significant and positive impact on climate change.
Engaging leaders, shaping policy and driving action, we’re connecting insights and catalysing opportunities in the transition to a low carbon economy.
A low-carbon world where a national and internationally linked market-based approach to emissions reduction helps Australian companies capitalise on economic opportunities.
To help business manage risks and capitalise on opportunities in the transition to a net-zero emissions economy. We are committed to:
- Leading and informing the community on the benefits of transition.
- Developing and promoting efficient and effective emissions reduction policy.
- Building integrity, linkages and liquidity in carbon markets.
- Supporting our members to successfully transition.
- Building capacity and expertise for a decarbonised economy.
- Being an impartial and independent voice on market- based climate policy and industry views.
- Developing realistic and long term carbon market solutions in conjunction with business leaders and policy makers.
- Aligning, connecting and informing today’s decision makers and educating tomorrow’s leaders.
- Researching and analysing the impact of global carbon market developments on Australian business.
- Providing insights on global market trends and bringing international expertise to Australian business.
- Working with the government of the day to develop and implement effective market-based climate policy.
Our executive team
Our financial statements
The CMI is a registered charity. Our financial statements can be accessed here >
Due to COVID-19, the CMI team is working remotely. Please email us at the above email address.
Level 8, 350 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC AUSTRALIA 3000