Plenary 4: Farming & Carbon
A key plenary investigating agricultural and related initiatives including linkages to productivity and regenerative improvements as well as ecosystem services, sectoral and farmer carbon neutrality issues (and potential prospects under the Paris Agreement), and domestic and international consumer trends including access to markets and finance.
- WELCOME: John Connor, CEO, Carbon Market Institute
- KEYNOTE: Tony Mahar, CEO, National Farmers Federation
- MODERATOR: Katie McRobert, General Manager, Australian Farm Institute
- Charlie Prell, Chair, Farmers for Climate Action
- Elizabeth O’Leary, Head of Agriculture, Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA)
- Richard Eckard, Professor & Director, Lead Primary Industries Climate Challenges Centre, University of Melbourne
Jason Strong, Managing Director, Meat & Livestock Australia
Speaker remarks followed by moderated audience Q&A panel discussion.