An interactive live webinar series developed to address key industry, policy, regulatory and community issues. Held on Fridays, at 12pm AEST, via Zoom, keep an eye on the developing schedule below.
Carbon Conversations provides a new way to connect, communicate and collaborate throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring we can lead and inform our community on the benefits of transitioning to a net-zero emissions economy.
The series will involve CMI members and other key industry leaders. Please contact us with your speaker and topic suggestions.
Occasionally these events will be free, registration is essential. In most cases, Carbon Conversations will be accessible exclusively to CMI Corporate and Associate Members, and housed on our CMI Members Portal. Professional Network Members will also have access (available to individuals and fully tax deductible).
Get your lunch ready, and questions, and join us for an informal but informative weekly Friday discussion.
For the next few Fridays, Carbon Conversations is being replaced by a bespoke seminar series for professionals. It has been designed to increase participants’ knowledge about latest carbon market and climate policy developments. Attendees will be equipped with a strong understanding of the market as well as engagement opportunities available. Join us, whether you’re new to carbon markets, seeking to engage for the first time or active, these seminars will:
- explain how carbon markets can support organisations to meet climate goals;
- detail types of units and certificates available and current market dynamics;
- highlight possible carbon procurement/trading strategies and;
- introduce key industry players active in this space.
Time: Fridays, 12pm, one hour, FREE.
Series 1 – Carbon Market Information.
- International Market Developments [Friday 26 June].
- Supply & Demand Dynamics in the Domestic Market [Friday 3 July]
- Market Opportunities in State Schemes & Initiatives:
- Part 1: Western Australia, Victoria & South Australia [Friday 10 July]
- Part 2: Queensland & New South Wales [Friday 17 July]
- Market Supply & Australia’s Carbon Farming Industry [Friday 24 July]
Series 2 – Carbon Market Strategy, Trading & Procurement.
- The Business Case for Emissions Reductions & Setting Climate Goals [Friday 14 August]
- Engaging in Domestic Carbon & Energy Markets [Friday 21 August]
- Engaging in International Carbon Markets [Friday 28 August]
Each seminar will feature presentations from the CMI, the Clean Energy Regulator and other expert market participants. There will be Q&A. The seminar will be delivered using Microsoft Teams Live.
Watch the series here:
Carbon Conversation videos are available to watch here for a short time following the event. After approximately two weeks, video recordings are transferred to the CMI Members Portal. Sign up to become a professional network, Corporate or Associate Member today and receive access to our Members Portal, our Carbon Conversations and much much more. We can’t wait to have you on board!