CMI Advocacy Positions
CMI is an independent, member-based institute accelerating the transition to net zero emissions.
Our vision is a prosperous negative emissions, nature positive world.
Our mission is to accelerate the use of market-based solutions and support best practice in decarbonisation to limit warming to 1.5C.
In 2023, CMI approved its 2025 Accelerating Climate Action Strategy.
CMI develops independent, non-partisan and evidence-based policy positions through engagement with its members including direct conversations, CMI hosted forums, an annual survey as well as through its governance, working group and taskforce structures.
CMI works constructively with governments at all levels while also making clear its policy priorities.
Our policies are reviewed annually and approved by the CMI Board. CMI is committed to independent, non-partisan and evidence-based advocacy on these and related positions.
CMI’s policy advocacy positions detail the following:
- Strengthen national climate ambition
- Develop high integrity market-based approaches
- Accelerate corporate and industrial transition
- Facilitate positive community outcomes
- Support shift towards nature positive outcomes
- Increase international capacity and cooperation