Western Australia is committed to mitigating the effects of climate change, overseeing state operations through the WA Office of Climate Change, which sits within the WA Department of Water and Environmental Regulation.
- To date, no specific state-based emissions-reduction target has been set; WA will reduce emissions in line with national targets and rely on national mitigation policy.
- Increased water security through improved infrastructure, pricing, efficiency and recycling
- Increasing resilience across state agriculture, forestry and fisheries industries and in major infrastructure.
- Support for the transition from coal to gas-based energy grids and energy efficiency.
- Implementation of a Low Emission Energy Development Fund (LEED), supporting innovative technology.