New South Wales
The NSW Government emissions reduction is overseen by AdaptNSW, the state’s climate change agency that sits within the NSW Office of Environment & Heritage. A NSW Climate Change Policy Framework was released in August 2016 outlining objectives and guiding policy. Between 2017 and 2022, NSW will invest $1.4 billion through a Climate Change Fund Strategic Plan to meet these objectives.
- Achieving net-zero emissions by 2050 and helping NSW to become more resilient to a changing climate.
- 20% renewable energy by 2020.
- 16,000 GWh annual energy reduction by 2020.
- Support to reduce energy use by 20% in 220,000 low-income households.
- Targets to increase walking,cycling and public transport usage.
- Planning policy to reduce vehicular emissions through decentralised job growth.