Positioned as a highly respected organisation that will continue to have real impact and influence on climate change mitigation in Australia, the Carbon Market Institute (CMI) is now at an exciting time in its evolution. CMI is looking for an energetic and creative communications specialist to join a passionate and dedicated team working with Australasian business leading the transition to net-zero emission by 2050.
As Communications Manager you will develop and deliver on a communication strategy that promotes the Carbon Market Institute, its services, resources and events through effective communication planning and execution. The role will include management of digital & social media platforms, public documentation and related content; direct liaison/enquiry services with national and international media; and provide support and advice on effective interaction with members and external stakeholders.
Specifically, the successful candidate will work on:
- Leading the development and implementation of a Communication Strategy that helps deliver CMI’s vision, mission and objectives
- Writing, editing, designing and producing materials including media releases, opinion pieces, briefings, factsheet, presentations, reports etc
- Management of CMI’s website, Marketplace, Members Portal, other digital platforms and associated content
- Management of media contact lists and liaison
- Design key event collateral and media strategies
- Coordinate social media strategy and development of infographic concepts
The successful candidate will ideally have a mix of the following skills and experience:
- At least five years’ experience in media, communications
- WordPress (web design and coding) experience/familiarity
- Adobe Creative Suite native (specifically Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Mailchimp/SurveyMonkey (or similar) experience
- Video creation experience (Adobe Premiere Pro preferred)
- Experience in working with a member-based organisation and related communication
Please send your application (CV) and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and skills/ experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Monday 23rd September.
For more information, please call General Manager Brad Kerin on 0411 701 054.